Life at 12 MPH

Exploring life at a slower pace, transportation with a bicycle, not a car.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Local Gem

I cannot stress the importance of a local bike shop to a community. We are fortunate to have one of the best here in town. The Trailhouse Bike Shop is top notch. This morning while cutting through some mountain biking trails on my way to work I hit a thorn or something and all of a sudden heard that dreaded hissssssss. I had left my levers at home and the leak was slow enough that I made it to the bike shop that is right on my way to work. The Trailhouse was not open yet, but I saw Rob and Nancy's (the owners) car out front. I knocked on the door and they welcomed me in on this crisp fall morning. Rob switched out the front tire and will fix it today. I'll stop by on my way home and switch it back out. I was in and out in less than 3 minutes. Thanks Rob and Nancy! You guys are an awesome asset to our community! I would encourage everyone to develop a relationship with the local bike shop and support them instead of trying to save 50 cents by ordering online. I buy all my gear at the Trailhouse, it is a bit more expensive, but the service cannot be beat.

Enjoy the ride....

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous policywank said...

Do you still plan to maintain this blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home